The Edge of Everything- Jeff Kidd

I have had this book on my "to-read" list for a while and finally got around to reading it. I wasn’t expecting much, but I ended up enjoying it a lot. It is romantic with a kick of action and it is very mysterious. Jeff Giles tells the story of what happens when two worlds collide in a way that is both interesting and gripping.



Zoe struggles as her world comes tumbling down. Her father’s body lies at the bottom of a dark cave and the police don’t even care. Her little brother cries every night for his dad who will never come home. Just as things seem to be getting worse, a light shines out of the darkness. 

She called him X. He came from the underworld where he never belonged. He lived in a dark cell for his whole life, surrounded by howling murderers. He never deserved that and Zoe knows it. X should never have met Zoe and the lords of the lowlands will be out to get them. Even when two worlds conspire against them, Zoe and X dare to love. “They stand on the edge of everything- and risk it all”



Although this novel sounds like a hopeless love story, I found it much more than that. There was action, mystery and suspense put together to create this page-turner. I enjoyed the development of characters and the unfolding of the past which was written seamlessly into the plot. It also provides an understanding of what drives the character's decisions and influences their thoughts and emotions. There were also magical, supernatural, components to "The Edge of Everything" which I found entertaining but a little cliche. The prospect of the 'Lowlands' which was where X lived and were the souls of murderers were imprisoned seemed a little far fetched and was not introduced as a parallel to earth, but an underground dwelling which was a little anticlimactic. Despite these things, the ideas that have been melded throughout the plot are undeniably fantastic and the emotions expressed through it create a very original novel.


For romance or young adult readers, this book might be the one for you. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you continue to explore this site I have created. 

~Inkpot Blogger

*A little side note* - I have been creating an instagram account through which I can advertise my blog. If you are on instagram, I would appreciate it if you gave my account, inkpot blogger, a follow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness

Goodreads

The Beginning of my trip in EUROPE!