Wonder by R.J Palacio-Book review


I just finished reading this book. It was amazing. It was so amazing that I read it in two sittings. I thought that it was so good that I should write a quick review of it for you.

It tells one story from a few different points of view. Everyone has their struggles, but none as bad as August. August was born with a deformed face, and as he would say, "Whatever you're thinking, it's probably worse". But as Auggie starts middle school, he soon finds out that there are good people and bad people in the world. Or maybe just good people that are afraid…


As you can probably imagine, middle school for August wouldn't be great. The teachers were nice and all, but the students were a different story. But Auggie was used to that stuff, or so he thought. After a kid invented a game called, "The Plague" August felt isolated. Luckily, he still had two friends, or at least he thought he did. On halloween that year, dressed up as Bleeding Scream, he heard his friends talking about him. He was mad alright, even though Halloween was his favourite time of the year, he couldn't bear to face his friends knowing the truth. Soon, though August needed to support his friends with understanding as they went through the same humiliation as he had all his life.


Overall, this book was a ripper! The same storyline was told from over five different people's views in the book and it really shows the atmosphere in the story. My version of this book has an extra chapter in the back of the bully, Julian's point of view which was fascinating to read because his intentions change your view on him and I always like hearing another voice to change it up.


This was such a heartfelt read, I couldn't put it down. There were so many tears and emotions. Although, the whole book wasn't so depressing. Even after bullying and fights, everyone learns a lesson. I honestly recommend this book to all ages. Probably ages ten plus. My Mum loved it and so did my big sister. You have to try it. R. J. Palacio has told the story clearly and showing all sides of a situation, this story was heartwarming and the scenarios were relatable. Also, the characters were portrayed beautifully. The main character Auggie, had so many different views and I particularly enjoyed reading from the point of view of his older sister, Via. 


 As you can tell, I love this book so much and I really hope that you'll read it. I have also seen a sequel to this book in the book shop called "Auggie & Me". I would really like to read it now and please comment if you have or would like to read it. I appreciate your feedback!


Thanks!

xoxo 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness

Goodreads

The Beginning of my trip in EUROPE!