10 books I love!

For children (and adults) 10+

Since there are so many books that I recommend, I will never have time to do book reviews about them all. So I have decided to write a list of 10 books I love and a sentence or two about them.

Matilda-Roald Dahl
This book is about a little girl whose parents don't care about her. She loves to read, and learns heaps at a young age. When she finally goes to school her teacher is astounded and together they discover an unexpected talent of Matilda's.
I think this book is an easy read but so entertaining. I've read it again and again. 


The Magic Finger-Roald Dahl
As you can tell, I love Roald Dahl. He is writer for children but anyone can enjoy these books. This one is about a girl who has a magic finger and when she gets angry, she points it and something magical happens. This book is very funny with the use of irony. I have read this countless times.

Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend-Matthew Green
As you can tell from the title, this is an interesting book, it is from the point of view of the imaginary friend of a boy who has trouble learning. Though Budo can't touch anything in the real world and he needs Max to believe in him to exist, what will Budo have to trade when good turns to bad?
Although my summary sounded pretty dark, this is actually quite a funny book. I would recommend this for older kids and adults.

Divergent-Veronica Roth
Tris lives in a controlled world, divided by personality, stuck in 
the choice of her life. When Tris discovers she is divergent, she must keep it a secret. But when Tris meets Four, a leader in her faction, they are inseparable. When devastation hits, how will they manage?
I absolutely love this book. It is full of danger, heartbreak and 
surprise. It is part of a trilogy and I loved the other books"Insurgent" and "Allegiant". I would recommend this book for teenagers and it has also been made into a movie but I really recommend the book first.


The Ivory Rose-Belinda Murrell
I loved most of the books in this series because the topics really interest me. In this book, a girl finds an old rose necklace when she works at Rosedale, an old mansion that is said to be haunted. But then she falls unconscious wearing the necklace and is flung back in time to save a weak girl.
This book is full of mystery and you never know what's coming next. 
I have read this book so many times and it was worth it.


The Palace of Laughter-Jon Berekly
Miles Wednesday is an orphan escaped from Pinchbucket orphanage 7 times and lives in a barrel on a hill in Larde. When Circus Oscuro comes to town in the dead of night Miles has to see it. When he saves an angel called Little, they become close. But when they set off on a quest for the Palace of Laughter, mysteries unfold and Miles is faced with the truth about his parents and the conquering 
of the Great Cortado.
This book is full of twists and surprise. It is the first book in a trilogy, the other books are called "The Tiger's Egg" and "The Lightning Key". I loved reading this series and just letting the pieces fall into place. It is a tight, "on the edge of your seat" type book but that's what I love about it!

Claire de Lune-Cassandra Golds
Ballerina, Claire de Lune is mute. Ever since her mother's dancing death so long ago, Claire de Lune has been silent. But when she meets Bonaventure, the most peculiar mouse, she summons the courage and learns to speak and learn the truth about her mother's death.
I loved this book because it was a great concept and well written.
It made me sympathise with the characters and it was a fairly quick read.


Matched-Allie Condie
A book of control, romance and fear. When Cassia turns seventeen, she meets her Match. Though he seems perfect, Cassia is drawn to someone else. How much will Cassia bend the rules for her one true love?
Similar to Divergent, this book is written in a futuristic sense. It is satisfying to read and it makes you hungry for more. This book is part of a trilogy, I haven't read the other books though I would like to do so soon.


The Listmaker-Robin Klein
This book is about a girl who always writes lists. Sarah stays with her aunties over the holidays as a break from boarding school and she is forced to help them move house. Meanwhile she dreams of her new stepmom and getting to go and live with her in a fancy apartment in the city. Though when other things get in the way, she needs to realise what she values more and who she really is.
I really like reading Robin Klein's books, especially the Penny Pollard series. This book is really interesting, based around a character with a lot going on in her life. As you discover more about her throughout the book, it draws you closer to the characters and the decisions they have to make.


The Boy in The Striped Pyjamas-John Boyne
When Bruno is forced to move from his home with his family to "out-with", he misses his home. But when he goes exploring along the fence, he meets a boy named Shmuel. But Bruno gets caught up in the world his dad brings him. What rules will he break and how far will his curiosity take him?
This is a book about WWII where Bruno is too small to understand the reason for the poeple in pyjamas on the other side of the fence. It puts a bit of a funny twist on the whole concept and I really enjoyed it. I think this book would suit most age groups, though it may be hard for young children to understand the emotions and events of Hitler's requirements.

So I hope you enjoyed reading about my favourite books and I hope that you will give them a try. If you do, I would love to know what you think of them so please leave a comment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness

Goodreads

The Beginning of my trip in EUROPE!