Where do Bookstagrammers get their books?

If you take a little look at the bookish corner of instagram, you will see that a people own a LOT of books. Most famous bookstagrammers get sent books for free, but for the rest of us, we buy all of our books. All those books are pretty expensive, but in this post I will reveal my secrets on where I get my books from and how you can save money on your next read.


Purchasing Books Brand New:

Dymocks
This is a bookstore that I usually like to go into just to browse or purchase a book with a gift voucher because the books are relatively expensive and as much as I love the feeling of a new book, it isn't always necessary to spend a lot of money just for a shiny cover.

Book Depository
This online shop sells brand new books with free postage. They have a huge range and reasonable prices which I find perfect for buying books as gifts or if I am looking for something specific.


Purchasing Books Secondhand:

Op Shops and Garage Sales
(Meaning "Thrift Stores and Yard Sales" for any Americans) This is where you will buy books super cheap. You can buy ten secondhand books for the price of one brand new book! The problem is that you don't always find the book you are looking for and it is not always in the best condition but the price usually makes up for it. The majority of my books come from Op Shops.

Secondhand Book Shops
I am yet to discover the many Secondhand book shops in Melbourne's CBD but I know that there are some gems in there. I have been to "Yarra Cottage Books" in Warrandyte and recommend it for anyone looking for antiques, classics or specific non-fiction books.

Libraries
This is pretty obvious and absolutely free! Whenever I want something new to read, I can put something on hold online or head down to the local library and pick something out. I don't really mind the barcode stickers getting into my photos and if I accidentally pick out the worst book in the world, I don't feel like I have to read it because I didn't buy it.


I can always take a novel or two off my sister's bookshelf every once in a while or take one off the many bookshelves in my house. So now you know where all of my books come from and how I haven't spent all of my money on books (yet). I hope you found this post interesting and come back next week for another post! Thank you for reading my blog.

~Inkpot Blogger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness

Goodreads

The Beginning of my trip in EUROPE!