The Beginning of my trip in EUROPE!

I apologise for my absence from uploading blog posts for the past few months, but it is partially due to a family holiday spent in Europe. Spread throughout this post and several other future posts, I’m going to share with you my amazing experience and recommendations from all over the continent in the cities of London, Dublin, Paris and Rome.

Firstly, in London, there were so many famous landmarks and buildings to see, we didn’t run out of things to do until the end of the week. Highlights included Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and the British Museum.

I found Westminster Abbey absolutely incredible. We bought audio guides and got tickets to see inside the Abbey, it was definitely worth it. The building is very old and the architecture is amazing. On the walls and even under the floor are the burial places for the most famous people of British and European history. The sculptures and decorations covering the coffins and tombs are very detailed and there were endless hallways and chapels to explore there. We even got to see the Coronation chair where countless kings and queens have sat throughout time, and the part of the Abbey where royal weddings have been held. Overall, my visit to Westminster Abbey was a very valuable experience.

Buckingham Palace was an absolute must-see place for me when I came to London, particularly because of its significance of being the home of our current queen. I was lucky enough to be visiting during the time of year when Queen Elizabeth was staying at her residence at the Balmorel Estate which meant that the State Rooms inside of the palace, were open for tourists to see. These rooms where used to invite and entertain guests and therefore they were designed to impress. I have to admit that I was more than impressed by the beautiful gold trim,  1865 pipe organ and famous artworks casually lining every wall. There was even a display of the many gifts Queen Elizabeth has received over the years from each continent of the world. Afterwards, we had a cup of tea at “The Garden Cafe” which was in a tent adjoining the palace and went and had a look at the extremely overpriced gift shop!

Exploring the British Museum is a very worthwhile activity whether you are on a budget or not. Entry is free and it gives anyone access to all the main parts of the museum. There is so much stuff in the museum, it is mind blowing. The Egyptian artefacts are worth seeing along with the Greek collections and the history of parts of the Middle East including Iran and Turkey. We visited the museum twice during our stay in London and we barely got to see half what was in there, so I would recommend scheduling some time during your visit to go there and to chose certain areas you would like to see within the museum to make sure you get to see the parts that you will enjoy.

I hope that this post was enjoyable and useful for anyone who might be planning a trip in Europe and take it from me, it’s definitely a worthwhile holiday. Thank you for reading this blog post and I would appreciate it if you have any feedback to please let me know in a comment on this post.
~The Inkpot Blogger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness

Goodreads