Girl Online by Zoe Sugg-Book Review

Girl Online is a fictional book for teens and young adults. It is written by beauty blogger and youtuber Zoe Sugg (aka Zoella). It is quite romantic and a very girly story but quite enjoyable for me all the same. I think it is very different to my other reads that I've shared with you because it is way less action packed and not a fantasy book. It is realistic and based on the life of a girl suffering from anxiety attacks.
 
Penny Porter is a normal school girl who loves photography and has a blog. Hiding behind the name "Girl Online" for her anonymous blog, Penny pours her heart out to her caring readers and encourages them to sort out their own problems. Everything is fine in Penny's life. Until Meagan turns from Penny's best friend to a stuck up teenager. Getting the main role in the school drama play, Penny seems to sink away from her old friend. Things don't stop there though. Although Penny is the photographer for the play, she is asked to take a photo at the end of the show of the cast taking their bows. This means walking on stage in front of 300 people. Penny hates crowds but she just sucks it up and does it. One nasty trip sends her flying into the most embarrassing time on her life. After her blog's success and help, it was hard to believe that the online world could be such a nasty place.
 
Zoe Sugg is a talented writer and her book is written in a way that really makes you feel the way the characters are feeling. Since Zoe has had experience with the concepts throughout the story, being a blogger herself and suffering from panic attacks. I think that it is great that this story sheds light on the way people that suffer from anxiety might be feeling and that everyone should be more careful posting comments online.
I read and keep up with Zoella and I find her blog both inspiring and interesting. She blogs about beauty tips, fashion, lifestyle, books and holiday destinations. Here is her website (https://www.zoella.co.uk/) or simply search up "Zoella" to have a look.

 
It is hard to compare this book because it is a different genre to the books I like to read because I'm not really drawn to romantic books. I did enjoy it though, and I think that most teenage girls would enjoy this. I think that lovers of the "Divergent" series by Veronice Roth and people who like "Matched" by Ally Condie would enjoy Girl Online because they both include romance and characters being held back by stress and love. I think I would give Girl Online a 7/10 because it was an entertaining read and the plot twisted and turned a lot, keeping it interesting. Only its lack of action might be a downfall for readers who are looking for a gripping read, but that is how it is meant to be.

Thank you for reading my blog post, I hope you enjoyed reading it. If you love reading romance, then I hope you read Girl Online. If you already have, then please comment what you think of it. Also, if you have any feedback please comment or recommend any books I should read or review. 
Thanks!
~The Inkpot Blogger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness

Goodreads

The Beginning of my trip in EUROPE!